Tuesday, January 15, 2008

God continues to be good

Thank you so much for all your love and support!!! We are so blessed with such great family and friends. Your prayers are definitely appreciated and it's obvious that God is hearing all your prayers. Things are going much better than we could have hoped. Even though we just heard the news that our truck is officially totaled. The guy inspecting it was not done yet but his total had already reached well over $18,000 so they just went ahead and called it a loss. Poor truck :( I'm quite sad about it but I think Danny is just excited to get a new truck. Thankfully God has been making sure all the details of this work out smoothly. Everything with the insurance companies has been great, way better than expected, and they are not trying to rip us off or anything on the amount they'll give us for the truck which is really a blessing. So we're very thankful that even in this traumatic week things are going well and God is providing. We're healing more and more everyday, Danny's soreness is almost completely gone and my bruises and burns, while still nasty looking are definitely showing improvement. So things are settling down.
Yesterday was Danny's first official day of work at The Church of the Cross. From what I've heard, it went great. Danny definitely has a way of connecting with people and he is already making tons of friends. He will be preaching at one of the two campuses this Sunday which is really exciting (also a little stressful) but we are excited to see how God is fitting us into this new community. I think they post all their sermons online so I'll have to put the link up here after Sunday so you can all hear it too! :)
Your prayers are definitely still appreciated. We have a crazy week ahead of us with the rest of the details from our accident AND we accepted an offer on our house! Which is really exciting but now we are dealing with the home inspection and repairs and stuff from 8 hours away. The good news is the buyer wants to close by the end of the month so it will all hopefully be over very soon!
Below I am posting some happier pictures of life here :) We love you guys!

This is our front yard. It's just one of the many perks of living temporarily at the pool cottage :)


2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the pictures of the water. How fortunate you are to have this inspiring view for a while. Daddy would love to sit out there. I'll have to see if I can add them to my Webshots! We continue to pray. Love you, Mama

Unknown said...

Wow! So beautiful! I wish I was there with you!