Monday, January 28, 2008

Happy Report

So we have had a great week since our last posting. Danny's sermon last Sunday went great! He did so well and I am so proud of him and excited to see how God is using him to bless others. The church's website is actually down right now, but hopefully we'll find some way to share it with you all. Sunday night we had our first youth group. It went really well. We had a lot of fun and we are really looking forward to growing with this group of kids and developing the program into something awesome for Christ.
Then, on Monday, we bought a new truck. It's very similar to our last one (except the color, obviously) but we know we can trust it to be a great vehicle for us, so we're very excited.

Also, I got a surprise visit from Jessica, Ashley and Isabel on Wednesday night/early Thursday morning. Danny and them had been planning it for about a week. They showed up about 3am and Danny woke me up at about 7:30 am before he left for work to surprise me. It was SOOO wonderful to have friends to hang out with and love from Virginia. We had a great time exploring Bluffton a little bit, playing Pinochle, and reconnecting with Isabel who doesn't seem to have forgotten us, which was great. The girls left Sunday afternoon but we are already looking forward to more fun visits from friends and family.


Then today I found out I got a job! I start working at Pier 1 tomorrow. I applied over two weeks ago and hadn't heard anything so I had kind of forgotten about it. But I was very excited to hear from the manager on Thursday and now I'll be working there. It will be a great job for decorating our new house!
Speaking of houses, our house in Virginia closes tomorrow. So prayers for a smooth closing would be appreciated. After that we should be able to find something down here and be in a new house by late February or early March, God willing.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Woah!!! So much exciting news!!! I love the red truck and I am so excited to start getting fun gifts from Pier 1 :) We'll be praying for your house closing tomorrow! Love you sooooo much!