Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Home Improvements

So Danny was out of town last weekend (14-16th) and so I went to town with the paint. Our living room was previously a combination of yellow and primed white walls. We hired someone to paint the two walls that had the high vault (which I was not getting up on a 15 foot ladder to paint) and then I did all the rest in Danny's absence. So here is the mostly completed living room. I say mostly because it still needs some decorations on the walls and stuff.



Here's the entry way which I also painted. And Danny installed a new light fixture which you can see here, he just did that yesterday.

And here's a picture of some more progress on the dining room. It now has a new chandelier, it only took us about 4 months to decide on one.

So I've also been busy in the kitchen. I've tested out some new recipes, below are some pics of the final results.

This is a pumpkin roll I made, which I thought turned out great. Looks really impressive too :)

And this was my first attempt at homemade mashed potatoes (as in, not from the box). It turned out okay, but it was like a baked mashed potato recipe so I think putting them in the oven after mashing them kinda dried them out. Oh well, they look good because they are topped with cheese and bread crumbs.


This week is Thanksgiving and since I work retail, we will be staying put here in SC. We were invited by some friends to join their family for Thanksgiving, so that will be nice. Then I work Friday and Saturday of course. But thankfully, my shifts are not too bad and we will have time to go cut down a Christmas tree on Friday when I get off. We're both really excited about getting a Christmas tree this year since last year we couldn't get one because we were moving. So we'll be sure to post pictures from all that fun to come!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yay! A new post! Your dessert looks very appetizing! I would eat it. Wish I could be with you for Thanksgiving :( I also like the leaf decoration on your fireplace and the star in your entry way. Looks like a very Peachy house :)