Tuesday, November 11, 2008

The Latest on us...

So, we finally got internet at our house!! It only took us 6 months since moving into our house, but now we have internet access so hopefully we will be much better about keeping up with this blog of ours. In the past couple months we have been busy as usual. Our latest house project has been the dining room. Now with a table, 6 chairs and paint on the walls, it is almost done. Here's some before and after pics.

Ugly green and yellow on the walls...


Almost done! We still need to put the chair rail up and pick a chandelier.
We also recently took a trip back up to Virginia to visit our Hampton Roads friends and family. It was a perfect weekend trip for us!

My wonderful and pregnant friend Kristen. I got to go to her baby shower while we were in VA.

Just saying Hi, to baby girl Kaeona!


Me and Danny, aside from our wedding pictures this makes a total of like 6 pictures together :)


Me and my college roomies/pseudo roomies- Suzy, Becky, Kristen, Angela, me and Beth


Our old youth group!! Well most of them anyway


In other news, I graduated from Physical Therapy for my knee. I am now supposed to just do home exercises to continue to strengthen my knee and I had a follow up visit to the doctor and he says that even though I still have some occasional pain, I should be fine and none of it will be long term or permanent damage! So that's great news. I'm definitely doing a lot better. Also, I'm starting to feel more settled in my job at Pier 1. Now that we've adjusted to our new store manager things are going well. So until God presents another opportunity, I'm thinking I might stay put. Danny and I are just both realizing how blessed we are to have good jobs. A lot of people are suffering right now with losing jobs and economic troubles and we are SO blessed to have the life we do. We really want to focus on being grateful for what we have and doing the best with the jobs we are in. We love the kids down here and God is definitely blessing the youth group, so we are very happy!!


So Danny posted a bunch of pictures in the following posts. They're random and might not make sense to everyone but their mostly from our trip to VA. Enjoy....

2 comments:

Mom G said...

We so enjoyed having you with us! Just goes to show how many friends you have here. Use our home as a crash pad any old time you like.

For sure many people are hurting, and you are blessed to be where you are doing what you do. I'm proud of you for taking that posture!

Love the new paint color in your dining room, and the chairs are tres chic!

Unknown said...

Seriously, where did you get that fabulous dining furniture? Your house is looking amazing!

Kristen looks soooo cute! I can't believe she's gonna be a mama soon!

Thanks for the latest...