Thursday, March 20, 2008

Life Goes On...

Even without a house. We continue to be busy, but look forward to getting that house one of these days. So far it is looking like it will be the first week of April, although I may be in California by that time. Oh well, we are trusting that God will work it all out. It is definitely frustrating that we are still waiting for this house, but hopefully in a few months this will all seem like nothing. But like I said, life goes on.
This weekend we are having our good friends Brenden and Jackie from CNU visit us for night. Then this Sunday is Easter, I am hoping we can get ourselves invited somewhere. We definitely miss having friends and family nearby to be with. And then next week my parents are coming to visit, which I am so excited about! They will be the first members of the Monett family to experience Bluffton :)
So things are good. My job at Pier One is going really well. I have been working more and more hours and building relationships with my coworkers, which I am really enjoying. And, my wonderful husband bought me a new laptop computer, which I am thrilled about. Below is a picture of my new computer while I type this very blog posting.


And here is a picture of Danny in his office at the church. You can't tell in this picture but his whole backside is actually soaking wet. He went outside with some of the school kids during their recess to play soccer with them. It rained last night and he fell.
And here are a couple of shots from youth group two weeks ago. Some of the parents got together and got Danny a birthday cake which was so sweet of them.


Love you all and we miss you tons!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

nice new laptop! exciting stuff. sorry danny has a wet backside :)

Mom G said...

So glad you're bouncing back from the housing setback. Happy to hear of more hours and new friends at work!
Happy birthday to Danny - may you dry out soon!

Jess said...

A new laptop! Yeah! It's not an Apple through...we can't all be perfect. ;) Love you anyway.