Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Greetings from California!

Well I (Mary) arrived in San Francisco last night around 7pm Pacific Time after a long day of traveling. It was an difficult emotional goodbye for Danny and I. I'm sure that sounds pathetic to some of you, but since we got married we have not been apart for more than 2 nights, so this was something new and hard for us. But we'll survive, Danny has PLENTY to do back in SC with our house closing, our tax return and his job of course and Ellie has lots of plans to keep us busy here on the west coast. It's exciting, we haven't had this concentrated "sister time" in years. And I feel like I am in another country out here, I have spend pretty much all of my life on the east coast so California looks more like Spain to me than the US. It's great though. I'll be taking and posting lots of pictures this week! :) Here's what I have so far.

Danny and I at the airport in Charleston before I left.




Here's my best attempt at getting a picture of the Rocky Mountains from the plane.


Here's Ellie on Berkeley's campus. Apparently the trees lining this walkway are genetically mutated.


This is the clock tower or something, bell tower maybe. It's a really pretty campus. The kind you see in the movies, seriously.


And this posting is a double treat because I have pictures from my parents visit and David and Jessica's visit to share too! Here are just a few.

Mama and Daddy in Savannah.

A guy making taffy in the Savannah Candy Shop.

How cute is this little girl?

Here's the link to my snapfish page where I posted some more pictures: http://www2.snapfish.com/thumbnailshare/AlbumID=218207147/a=58474795/t_=58474795

2 comments:

Drew and Suzy said...

Did you wave to me as you flew over the Rocky Mountains? :) Hope you have a good time on the west coast! :)

Unknown said...

Looks like you are having a really fun time in California. I'm having fun too :)