Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Back By Popular Demand

Haha, I'm just kidding. But I thought I, Mary, should post again since I've been letting Danny pummel you all with his long detailed and typo-filled thoughts.
Today I finally went to the doctor to get my knee checked out. It appears that everything is okay, but the doctor thinks I may have partially torn a ligament or tendon. If something were completely torn it probably would have shown up on my initial x-rays and I would have been in way more pain. So she thinks something is partially torn and not healing quickly because I am not resting it enough. Which is very hard to do while working at Pier 1, which involves a lot of bending and squatting to stock low shelves and stuff. So I guess I'll try and find some way to go a little easier on my knee.
As Danny told you, things seem to be moving along on our house purchase. We just cannot wait to get truly settled and really unpack our lives here in Bluffton. Living with 90 percent of your belongings in a storage unit is just a little frustrating sometimes. So we are really looking forward to unpacking in our new house and getting a fresh start on getting organized and stuff.
Well I guess that's pretty much it for now. Love you guys!!

4 comments:

Mom G said...

We love you too Mary! I'm glad we can hear from both of you! As for getting organized, I've been working on that for almost 55 years and still haven't gotten a total grip! Go easy on those knees, girl...

Unknown said...

Yay! Peachy! You be careful. Those are the only knees you've got. I miss you and love you!

Jess said...

I had my house organized once. Then I sneezed. lol
I've torn a ligament before, too, and that is painful. Can you wrap your knee? That always helped me. Glad you got to the Dr. finally.

Unknown said...

I UNDERSTAND about gettting "looser" in a good way when you have to preach back to back. Sounds like you guys are right on schedule, enjoying marriage (the first ministry) and "ministry".
I agree with Jessica: wrapping the knee with an ACE bandage or with a knee stocking could help a lot.
Blessings to you both!
Dad G