Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Busy, Busy

So things have been busy lately. We are in "high gear" home buying right now. We have to get all our ducks in a row, so to speak, before our closing. There are just so many little details and so many papers to sign before everything is in place and we can close. Prayers that we get everything done in time and correctly would be great. I think it will all be okay, it's just a little stressful right now. Whenever we get frustrated, Danny and I have just been looking at the pictures of the house as our inspiration to keep working. It's a great house, we just wish all this was over and we could just be living there already!
Work at Pier 1 for me lately has been fine. I'm just patiently waiting to start buying things and using my employee discount! We agreed that we would wait to buy things for the house until we actually had the house. Things at the church have been good as well. This past week Danny held a parents and volunteers meeting which I'm sure he'll want to share more about. It went really well and we are so encouraged and excited about the future of the youth at this church.
Well we haven't posted any pictures in a while so I thought I'd put some recent ones of the youth here. Enjoy!

A lively game of Trainwreck
(you may not have heard of the game, but you get the idea)


Danny with some of our youth after the middle school production of Mulan

6 comments:

Jess said...

I completely understanding how hard it is to wait. You are so excited about just having a home again and something to make your own. Lucky you have Pier 1 to help you out when get in. I'm jealous. :)

Unknown said...

It is always a good sign when the youth group girls love you. Yeah for a new house and new pics!

Mom G said...

Youth group looks like lots of fun! Glad you're bonding and getting lots of vision!

Unknown said...

It is good to hear from you again, Mary, and to see that you are fully behind and involved in the youth ministry.

I can relate to the temptation to buy the store at Peer 1! I really like their merchandise....

MarySue said...

I FINALLY remembered to bring to blog address to work so I could write you guys and see what you were up to! Quite impressive! Can't wait to come to SC--we'll let you get settled first.

Drew and Suzy said...

Thanks for sharing your blog address, Mary! :) I'll enjoy reading this much more often now! Bummer that you probably won't be able to make it up to Virginia in April! I'm kind of doubting I'll be able to get back after this until Christmastime, maybe?? You never know with me, but it's gotten increasingly hard for us to travel because we got a dog (maybe the world's most needy and difficult dog) that is difficult to leave with other people. So, I'm stuck with him all the time, with no escape...haha. I suppose he's sweet some of the time, though. Anyway -- I'm so glad to catch up on here. Good luck with the rest of the home buying process -- I know it's a crazy time.